Save the Children Recruitment for Programme Manager, HIV/AIDS Job Vacancy
Job Title:Programme Manager,HIV/AIDS
Academic back ground, Experience and Person Specifications;
• Aminimum of Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, Education, Development Studies, Emergency and Disaster Management, Conflict Resolution or a relevant field. Graduate or post-graduate training in project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, community development and research or related field is an added advantage
A minimum of 8 years relevant working experience with at least 3 years at management level in an international NGO. Experience in H!V and AIDS programming Thorough understanding and demonstrated commitment to child rights issues, and the direct link between children's rights and laws and policies of government. Commitment to gender equity, child rights, community empow¬erment, and grassroots development approaches
• Working knowledge of programming and policy development.
• Understanding of national government policies on conflict and disaster and how to contribute to their development with politi¬cal analysis skills, sensitivity and diplomacy.
• A professional progression towards increasing technical responsibilities.
• Working knowledge of the partnership and children in Uganda
• Strong financial, planning and budget management skills and experience
• Strategic management skills
• People management skills - team building
• Planning and organising skills
• Effective interpersonal Skills-oral and written communication skills
• Computer literacy skills - MS Office applications, word, excel,
• PowerPoint, Spreadsheets
• Policy development and analytical skills
• Facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong documentation and advocacy skills
Apply for this job
Applications with detailed CVs indicating 3 independent referees, and copies of academic testimonials/certificates should be submitted to
Director Human Resources and Administration
Save the Children in Uganda
Plot 68/70. Kiira Road
PO Box 12018 Kampala
Or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th November 2010
Save the Children in Uganda is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply.