International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) Careers: Recruitment for Site Coordinators Job Vacancy: Jobs in Uganda, January, 2011
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
ILRI is seeking to recruit 3 site coordinators (1 person per site) for a new project on dairy cattle genetics in East Africa to oversee and conduct data collection at farm and community levels. The project aims at identifying appropriate genotypes for smallholder dairy farmers in Kenya and Uganda, and best mechanisms for their delivery. Data will be collected at different levels (community, farm and animal) and at different points of time as animals will be monitored over an 18-month period. The site coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all project activities at site level.
ILRI Site Coordinators
- Assist project team identify and select farms and cows to be included in the project and study;
- Supervise baseline survey data collection, and data entry by the survey enumerators;
- Collect and enter monitoring data from about 150 households in each site;
- Organize and lead community focus group discussions and provide feedback to farmers.
ILRI Site Coordinators
- Degree in veterinary medicine/ animal science or related field
- Excellent understanding of smallholders dairy systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Access, email)
- Attention to details
- Experience working in a team
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Resident within or nearby project sites (or ready to live there)
- Available full time for the next 18 months
Project sites: These are 3 positions to be based in Mbale, Masaka and Wakisu ("Bubusi")
Applications: Applicants should send a cover letter stating preferred site, curriculum vitae, expected monthly consultancy fee and the names and addresses (including telephone, and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant's professional qualifications and work experience to email: recruit-ilri-Ken@cgiar.org by 15 January 2011.
The position title and reference "SITE COORDINATORS - CONSULTANTS" should be clearly marked in the subject line of the email applications. Only online applications will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. These positions are open to Ugandan nationals only.