Plan Uganda Job Vacancy Recruitment for Project Coordinator: Jobs in Uganda, January 2011
Plan’s work in Uganda covers 4 key areas, all of which are rooted in the rights of the child:
- protecting children and their families affected by HIV and AIDS
- empowering people living in poverty
- strengthening health
- promoting lifelong learning.
Protecting children and their families affected by HIV and AIDS
Plan Uganda helps children, their families and communities mitigate the effects of HIV and AIDS through a variety of programmes. These include programmes to prevent mother to child transmission, aiding support groups such as post-test clubs and outreach programmes, women’s empowerment programmes, and legal aid support to help widows and orphans claim their rights to inheritance.
Plan’s strategy in Uganda works to ensure that all children access their rights to survival, development, protection and participation.
Plan Uganda Job Vacancy
Job Title: Project Coordinator:
The project - Disaster Risk and Reduction (DRR) will run for one year from January, 2011 to December, 2011 with possibility of extension. The aim of the project is to build
community resilience to cope with and recover from disasters for sustainable development by strengthening local government plus communities to effectively manage and respond to disasters at all levels of society.
The position is both technical and managerial and reports to the Programme Support Manager with responsibility of overall leadership of the project. He/She will ensure that the project objectives are realized to the satisfaction of the project stakeholders.
Plan Uganda Project Coordinator
1. Develops timely and quality quarterly project work plans
2. Ensures that stakeholders are regularly updated about the project’s progress
3. Initiates and supports all stakeholder participation and consultation throughout the project cycle
4. Ensures timely and quality reporting to all stakeholders
5. Regularly monitor the performance of Project Facilitators
6. Manage project resources efficiently and effectively in accordance with Plan Uganda policies and guidelines; and in compliance with grant conditions
7. Be part of the participatory monitoring team
8. Ensure that the project documents are well maintained
9. Participate in operational research related to the project
10. Participate in supervising the work of partner organizations
Qualifications /Experience and Competencies
5 years experience three of which must be in implementing of disaster risk reduction and/or disaster preparedness interventions at local or national level,preferably with an International Non-Governmental Organization.
A Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Business administration, development studies,.
Knowledgeable in disaster management and risk reduction approaches and its application in development projects/programme
Strong team management skills and experience
Proven computer skills and web based research skills
Ability to build effective teams, promote coordination and collaboration
Ability to meet deadlines and work cooperatiely with local partners
Proven skills & experience in budget management and timely and quality reporting
Valid driving permit with clean driving record will be an added advantage.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit a handwritten letter of application together with a CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of additional relevant certificates, names and contact details (including email addresses) of three references, plus salary history, to the undersigned not later
than 10th January, 2011.
People & Culture Manager, Plan Uganda
P.O. Box 12075, Kampala
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not
hear from us by 15th February, 2011. As a child centered development organization, Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates are required to undergo an extensive child protection background check including a police check.