Jobs, Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC), Uganda: Vacancy for Administrative Assistants (AA) Head Office
The Micro-Finance Support Center Ltd (Msc Ltd) is a limited liability company owned by government and set up to among others manage the Rural Microfinance support project (RMSP). RMSP is a country wide 5 year project funded by ADB and Government geared at the realization of Poverty Eradication Action Plan (PEAP) through the promotion of a countrywide access to affordable micro finance services. The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is Government owned and incorporated in 2001 as a company limited by guarantee. The Microfinance Support Centre is one of the lead agencies in the implementation of government “Prosperity for All” (PFA) programme. PFA aims at transforming the rural economy through job creation and increase in household incomes. One of the pillars of PFA is Rural Financial Services (RFS). The overall objective of RFS is to develop a financial infrastructure at Sub County level. MSC is the linchpin of the delivery of whole sale credit under RFS.
Since inception MSC has managed various micro credit programs funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB and the Government of Uganda (GoU). These included; The Rural Microfinance Support Project (RMSP), the credit component of the North West Smallholder Agricultural Development Project (NSADP) and the Government of Uganda Fund for Support to SACCOs.
6. Administrative Assistants (AA) Head Office-Level 6 (01)
JOB PURPOSE: Provide administrative and logistical support to Management and ensure easy and orderly access to records and information as well as processing of information.
REPORTS TO: Respective Heads of Department/Unit
Key tasks and responsibilities:
1. Carry out Microsoft Office, Word Processing and other computer operations to produce timely information and data for management.
2. File manual and electronic office information for future use and reference.
3. Schedule and organize appointments and meetings as requested.
4. Facilitate records management system for the department by maintaining an inventory of major company documents and safety through secure storage and back-ups.
5. Organize travels for company staff, visitors, Board Members.
6. Maintain record of key company contacts and clients for appropriate liaison.
7. Record and transcribe reports and minutes as may be requested.
8. Receive, screen and analyze correspondence, reports and forward to relevant action officers; maintaining a tracking system for follow-up to ensure replies are timely or action is taken within established guidelines.
9. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The position requires the following minimum qualifications:
a) Diploma from a recognized Training Institution in Business, Social and Public Administration; Secretarial services or librarianship
b) Proven ability to use computers.
c) Qualifications in secretarial and office practice with 2 years working experience
d) A University degree obtained from a recognized institution will be of added advantage.
e) Aged 22 years and above.
How to apply
Candidates with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of academic certificates and testimonial with at least 3 referees one of whom should be their current Supervisors. Applications to be received not later than 02.09.2011 at 5:00 p.m. to the address here below clearly stating the job title and addressed to:
Uganda Management Institute (UMI)
Plot 44-52, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 20131,