Jobs Uganda, Heifer International Recruits Country Director Vacancy
Heifer International Careers
Heifer International Working to End Hunger and Poverty and Care for the Earth
Heifer International is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark.; however, Heifer currently has field offices working in partnership with other organizations in 51 countries and 23 states in the U.S. and serves as "home base" to over 900 office and field staff. Striving to end hunger and poverty while caring for the earth is a full-time job, and the success of Heifer's mission depends on a far-reaching network of committed individuals working together to fulfill Heifer International mission. When Heifer International has received your application materials through our online application tool, you will receive correspondence via e-mail confirming receipt of your materials. You will receive a confirmation for each position for which you apply. Please note: If you login to make edits to your profile, you will not receive a confirmation e-mail. Confirmation e-mails are only sent out to confirm receipt of your initial application for each position. After your application materials are received, your qualifications will be reviewed relative to the requirements of the position(s). Your application materials will take approximately two weeks to process after the closing date listed for the position(s) for which you have applied. During that time, we will review all applications, select viable candidates and contact only those individuals selected to meet with the interview committee. When the position is filled or canceled, you will receive notification via e-mail.
Heifer International is seeking a Country Director who will manage and operate the Heifer Uganda country office. The Country Director will lead and be responsible for all programmatic and financial operations and will ensure the country program's projects and programs are exe¬cuted with quality and accountability. The Country Director will also lead country program efforts to respond to calls for proposals and other funding opportunities.
Responsibilities and functions include, but not limited to:
• Oversee the development of a multi-year strategic plan to establish a coherent and realistic strategic direction for the country program
• Oversee and participate in the
• management of country office human resources
• Oversee country office efforts to secure institutional funding and in-country resources mobilization from local individuals, businesses, and governmental sources
• Develop projects, secure funding for them and oversee the implementation of projects to ensure fundamental changes that has sustainable impact on participants
• Oversee the management of financial resources entrusted to th6 country office by donors, and resource allocation, to , ensure donors' and Heifer's standards of accountability are met
• Represent Heifer at international and country level with stakeholders and partners
This position requires:
• A minimum of a Master's degree in international development, agriculture economics, development studies, Business Administration or related field
• A minimum of 10 years proven track record in leading and managing development programs in Africa. East Africa and Uganda experience will be an added advantage
• A person committed to gender equity and empowerment of vulnerable populations
• Fluency in English
How to apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Plot 1 Yusuf Lute Road,
P.O. Box 28491
by the 16th of September, 2011 at 5:00pm
East African Standard Time.
Your application materials will take approximately two weeks to process after the closing date listed for the position(s) for which you have applied. During that time, Heifer International will review all applications, select viable candidates and contact only those individuals selected to meet with the interview committee. When the position is filled or canceled, you will receive notification via Heifer International e-mail.