Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) Recruits Manager, BDS(MBDS) Uganda 2011
The Micro-Finance Support Center Ltd (Msc Ltd) is a limited liability company owned by government and set up to among others manage the Rural Microfinance support project (RMSP). RMSP is a country wide 5 year project funded by ADB and Government geared at the realization of Poverty Eradication Action Plan (PEAP) through the promotion of a countrywide access to affordable micro finance services. The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is Government owned and incorporated in 2001 as a company limited by guarantee. The Microfinance Support Centre is one of the lead agencies in the implementation of government “Prosperity for All” (PFA) programme. PFA aims at transforming the rural economy through job creation and increase in household incomes. One of the pillars of PFA is Rural Financial Services (RFS). The overall objective of RFS is to develop a financial infrastructure at Sub County level. MSC is the linchpin of the delivery of whole sale credit under RFS.
Since inception MSC has managed various micro credit programs funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB and the Government of Uganda (GoU). These included; The Rural Microfinance Support Project (RMSP), the credit component of the North West Smallholder Agricultural Development Project (NSADP) and the Government of Uganda Fund for Support to SACCOs.
2. Manager, BDS(MBDS)-Level 3 (01)
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for Business Development Services to clients and provide support to employees at the zones.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director (BSS)
Key tasks and responsibilities
1. Undertake training and development needs assessment for the Company clients.
2. Design and implement institutional development interventions for the clients.
3. Initiate policies, procedures and guidelines for accessing business Development Services to clients and support staff in the zones to deliver business development services.
4. In liaison with Head of Human Resource, plan and deliver appropriate training for the company staff.
5. Evaluate the relevance and the content of the training material of the trainees and appropriateness of the delivery methods employed by the training service providers.
6. Initiate, coordinate and facilitate periodic institutional appraisals, for purposes of providing business development services to the clients.
7. Prepare plans, budgets and reports for Company's Business Development Services function.
8. To manage the performance of the employees. 10. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Deputy Executive Director (BSS).
The position requires the following minimum qualifications:
a) An Honours Degree in any of the following: Economics, Rural Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration or any other relevant fields of development;
b) Master degree or Post graduate Diploma in a business related field is an added advantage.
c) 6 years experience in planning, organizing and conducting training particularly in the field of finance service sector of which 3 years should have been at middle level management.
d) A certificate of managing training and development function is a must.
e) Self driven with high sense of responsibility.
f) Ability to meet deadline with minimal supervision.
g) Self driven with high sense of responsibility.
h) Ability to meet deadline with minimal supervision
i) Computer literacy.
j) Strong interpersonal skill.
k) Aged between 30 and above.
How to apply
Candidates with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of academic certificates and testimonial with at least 3 referees one of whom should be their current Supervisors. Applications to be received not later than 02.09.2011 at 5:00 p.m. to the address here below clearly stating the job title and addressed to:
Uganda Management Institute (UMI)
Plot 44-52, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 20131,
The Uganda Management Institute (UMI) was established in March 1992. Its aim is to strengthen the management and institutional capacity of the public, private and non-governmental sectors in Uganda and beyond by offering a blend of short and long courses for middle, senior, and executive level managers; facilitating conferences, seminars and workshops; and providing research, consultancy and distance learning services. UMI is the national centre for training, research and consultancy in the field of management and administration. It has an established vision to be a world class management development institute and a stated mission to excel in developing management capacity.