Jobs Uganda, Wakiso District Local Government Recruits Massively 2012
Wakiso District Local Government is a growing district always looking for well qualified and motivated people to join our team. Submit your CV here for consideration in case of any opportunity.
are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans
to fill the following vacant posts, which exist in Wakiso
District Local Government and the indicated Urban Local Governments
Find more adverts in the document below
WAKISO DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION
JOB ADVERTISEMENT No.3/2012
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts, which exist in Wakiso District Local Government and the indicated Urban Local Governments. Applications in triplicate, should be addressed and submitted to the Secretary, District Service Commission – Wakiso P.O. Box 7218, Kampala not later than Friday 25th May 2012 on PSC Application Form 3 (2008) obtainable from Public Service Commission – Kampala or Secretariats District Service Commission. Serving officers should route their applications through their Heads of Departments who should observe the closing date. Application must bear the title of the post applied for as well as the corresponding reference number.
Only PHOTOSTAT copies of academic certificates and testimonials and NOT originals must be attached to the applications.
Current coloured passport size photographs should be attached on each of the forms for proper identifications. Regular day time telephone contact numbers/E-mail address should be clearly indicated.
You can as well Visit Wakiso District Website: www.wakiso.go.ug
WAKISO DISTRICT LOCAL GOVENRMENT
1. POST: HEALTH INFORMATION ASSISTANT
Ref. No. W/DSC/WDLG/01/3/2012 Vacancy: 03 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- O’ Level or A’ Level Certificate
- Certificate in Medical Records will an added advantage
i. Managing and accounting for financial and other resources
ii. Registering in and out-patients
iii. Keeping records and information on patients
iv. Preparing patients Master Index Cards
v. Taking patients files to Clinics/Wards.
vi. Undating the bed burearu with records/information
vii. Retrieving files for clinicians and researchers
viii. Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics
ix. Participating in research activities
x. Imparting knowledge and skills to staff
xi. Compiling and submitting reports to Medical Officer/Clinical Officer
WORKS AND TECHNICAL SERVICES
2. POST: PLANT ATTENDANT
Ref. No. W/DSC/WDLG/02/3/2012 Vacancies: 01 Salary Scale: U8 Age limit: Not more than 45yrs
- Must have O’ level certificate
- Valid Driving permit of class C
- Cleaning and assisting in keeping the security of the plant.
- Assisting the Plant Operator in basic maintenance of the plant
- Oiling, greasing or refueling the plant as instructed
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT SERVICES
3. POST: PERSONNEL OFFICER (
Municipal Council) Entebbe
Ref. No. W/DSC/EM/03/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 23yrs and above
· An Honors Bachelors Degree of Arts/Social Sciences with a bias in Personnel Management or Social Work and Social Administration or its equivalent from a recognized University.
· Managerial and communication skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Counseling skills
i. Carrying out staff welfare management for Local Governments;
ii. Planning and organising the manpower resource through recruitment, deployment, training, utilisation and discharge as per schedule;
iii. Providing technical advise to the council and technical Departments on matters related to Human Resource Management issues;
iv. Monitoring staff performance through staff appraisal exercise to ensure quality service delivery;
v. Preparing Human Resource Management work plans, budgets and performance reports as instructed by the supervisor;
vi. Interpreting the Human Resource policies, rules, regulations and procedures;
vii. Providing assistance in the management of the payroll of the Local Governments;
viii. Compiling, reviewing and keeping custody of the staff lists and related personnel records;
4. POST: RECORDS OFFICER (
Municipal Council) Entebbe
Ref. No. W/DSC/EM/04/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 23yrs and above
· An Honours Bachelors Degree in Library and Information Science or Social Sciences with Postgraduate qualification in Library Science or its equivalent from a recognized University.
· Good communications skills
· Knowledge of classification and cataloging
· Computer literacy
- Receiving, registering and classifying personal records;
- Opening personal files for keeping information and closing them when due;
- Filling personal information and routing to officers responsible for action;
- Auditing personal records and the user records system periodically;
- Handling confidential matters as prescribed;
5. POST: STENOGRAPHER SECRETARY (
Namayumba and Masuliita T/Cs) Entebbe
Ref. No. W/DSC/EM/05/3/2012 (Entebbe Municipal Council) W/DSC/NY/05/3/2012 (Namayumba T/c) W/DSC/M/05/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) Vacancy: 03 Salary Scale: U5 Age limit: 23yrs and above
· O’ level with two (2) credits including English language and 3 passes
· UNEB certificate or a diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution.
· Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
· Three years working experience in secretarial duties
- Taking and transcribing dictation and producing error free work;
- Receiving and disseminating correspondences, mails and other information for the office;
- Organizing meetings and circulating decisions to the relevant action offices;
- Receiving and guiding clients to relevant offices;
- Attending to telephone calls on the third ring;
- Making and following up on appointments;
- Maintaining office cleanliness and orderliness;
- Managing and accounting for office equipment, materials and imprest;
- Supervising activities of the lower secretarial staff;
6. POST: OFFICE TYPIST (Wakiso T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/W/06/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- O’ level certificate with two (2) credits in English language and three (3) passes
- UNEB certificate in secretarial duties or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have typing skills and good public relations.
i. Typing correspondences and office work;
ii. Receiving and dispatching mails;
iii. Receiving telephone calls;
iv. `Receiving and guiding clients;
v. Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the Office;
vi. Keeping and managing records, office stationery and equipment.
7. POST: TOWN AGENT (Wakiso, Masuliita and Namayumba T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/W/07/3/2012 (Wakiso T/C) W/DSC/M/07/3/2012 (Masuliita T/C)
W/DSC/NY/07/3/2012 (Namayumba T/C) Vacancy: 04 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 22yrs and above
· O’ Level Certificate
· Certificate in Management or Administration or Law from a recognized institution.
i. Mobilizing the population in the ward to meet their civic obligations;
ii. Collecting and assessing Taxes and Property rates;
iii. Maintaining law and order in the Ward;
iv. Registering all businesses in the Ward;
v. Arbitrating in simple civil disputes;
vi. Enforcing population adherence to council policy on hygiene, sanitation and development.
vii. Performing duties as secretary to the ward;
8. POST: LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (Wakiso T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/W/08/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U6 Age limit: 22yrs and above
· Diploma in Law from a recognized institution plus a relevant training in Policing and Criminal Investigation.
· Good communication in English and local language
· Must be physically fit.
· One year’s working experience after courtship.
- Enforcing national laws and Council by-laws.
- Detecting, arresting, preparing charge sheets and prosecuting law breakers.
- Sensitizing the public on crime prevention.
- Protecting life and property of eth residents.
9. POST: ASSISTANT ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (Namayumba and Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/09/3/2012 (Namayumba T/C) W/DSC/M/09/3/2012 (Masuliita T/C) Vacancy: 04 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 22yrs and above
- “A” Level Education and a certificate in Administrative Law from a recognized institution
- Policing and investigations skills
- Arresting revenue defaulters and idlers in the Council.
- Preventing the construction of illegal structures in the Urban Council
- Supervising the demolition of illegally constructed structures
- Impounding Stray animals roaming in the Urban Council
- Supervising Enforcements Assistants in the field
10. POST: CLERK ASSISTANT (Namayumba, and Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/10/3/2012 (Namayumba T/C) W/DSC/M/10/3/2012 (Masuliita T/C)
Vacancy: 02 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 22yrs and above
· Should have an Honors Bachelors degree in any relevant Arts or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
· Should have communication skills
i. Arranging for council and committee sessions;
ii. Communicating schedules of council and committee sessions and ensure circulation of relevant documents;
iii. Preparing the agenda and take minutes of council and committee sessions;
iv. Communicating council or committee resolutions to the responsible officers;
v. Coordinating and ensuring prompt payment of councilor’s allowances;
vi. Arranging logistics and other necessities for council or committee sessions;
vii. Providing safe custody and proper maintenance of council property and records;.
viii. Liaising with council and other officials on matters pertaining effective administration and development of the District;
COMMUNITY AND BASED SERVICES
11. POST: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Namayumba T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/11/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 21yrs and above
· An honors degree in the Development Studies or any relevant Social Sciences from a recognized University or Institution.
· Should have communication skills
· Should have mobilization skills
· Should have project management and supervisory skills
i. Planning and budgeting for development programmes at the community level.
ii. Supervising staff that is involved in uplifting the social and economic welfare of local communities.
iii. Organizing local communities to effectively participate in development initiatives.
iv. Sensitizing communities on gender issues, social rights, roles and obligations.
v. Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on community development programmes and projects.
vi. Promoting the equal participation of all communities in development programmes.
vii. Promoting the creation and growth of functional groups for the improved welfare of the population.
viii. Training communities in literacy programmes and income generating activities.
ix. Providing advising on the effective mobilization of the community for development
x. Sensitizing communities to adhere to existing legislation on gender and child rights.
12. POST: ASSISTANT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Masuliita T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/M/12/3/2012 Vacancy: 02 Salary Scale: U6 Age limit: 22yrs and above
· Should have A’ Level certificate plus a Diploma in Social Development or Development Studies or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
· Should have effective communication skills
· Should have mobilization skills
i. Mobilizing communities in a Sub-County to participate in developing programmes and projects.
ii. Training communities on improving their social economic status.
iii. Advocating for and promoting the interests and rights of disadvantaged groups within the Sub-County.
iv. Promoting the creation and growth of functional groups for the improved welfare of the population.
v. Conducting training in literacy and income generating activities.
vi. Sensitizing communities on gender issues, social rights, roles and obligations.
vii. Encouraging and promoting equal participation of all in development.
viii. Building the capacity of communities within the Sub-County to initiate and manage development.
13. POST: HEALTH INSPECTOR (Nansana T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NS/13/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U5 Age limit: 23yrs
- Must have a Diploma in Environmental Health Science or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Should have good public relations and managerial skills
- Carrying out health inspection of domestic, public and commercial premises.
- Supervising refuse collection and disposal.
- Carrying out disease surveillance
- Sensitizing community on Public Health Preventive measures and Public Health Act, Regulations and By-laws.
- Inspecting Water sources.
- Participating in Research activities.
- Inspecting food premises
- Adhering to Professional and service code of conduct and Ethics
14. POST: HEALTH ASSISTANT (Namayumba and Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/14/3/2012 (Namayumba T/c) W/DSC/M/14/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) Vacancy: 02 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- Should have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science/Public Health Science from a recognized Institution.
- Should have administrative skills
- Participating in Community Based Environmental Health Activities.
- Enforcing Environmental Health Act, Regulations and By-laws.
- Accounting for allocated resources.
- Compiling relevant basic health data and submit to the Health Inspector.
- Liaising with Local Authorities in organizing home improvement competition.
- Participating in research activities.
- Compiling and submitting periodic reports.
15. POST: SENIOR TREASURER (Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/M/15/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U3: Age limit: 28yrs and above
· An Honours Bachelors Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a bias in Accounting or Certified Public Accountant plus a postgraduate qualifications in Financial Management from a recognized University or Institution.
· Ability to handle public finances and management skills
· At least three (3) years working experience is required
i) Maintaining control of main and subsidiary accounts.
ii) Supervising and controlling revenue collection and expenditure
iii) Verifying financial documents and payments to avoid forgeries and fraud.
iv) Preparing periodic financially statements and reconciliation.
v) Preparing expenditure estimates for the Council;
vi) Providing technical support to the Council on financial matters;
vii) Guiding and supervising Accounts staff;
16. POST: ACCOUNTANT (Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/M/16/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4: Age limit: 23yrs and above
· An Honors B. Com. Degree (Accounting) from a recognized Institution
· Must have accounting, computer and interpersonal skills
- Certifying all expenditure for the Urban Council;
- Preparing annual and monthly financial statement of accounts.
- Reconciling bank statements with cash books;
- Answering audit queries and inquiries;
- Supervising and guiding lower staff;
17. POST: SENIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Namayumba and Kakiri T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/17/3/2012 (Namayumba T/c) W/DSC/K/17/3/2012 (Kakiri T/c) Vacancy: 02
Salary Scale: U5 Age limit: 25yrs and above
· A’ level with a Diploma in Accounts/Business Studies or Financial Management from a recognized Uniersity or Institution.
· Must have accounting, computer and communication skills
· At least three (3) years working experience as Accounts Assistant
i. Providing custody for accounting records and documents;
ii. Processing deferred tax payments and returns and keeping records thereof;
iii. Posting financial transactions, cashbooks and subsidiary ledgers to General ledger and updating books of accounts;
iv. Preparing Pay Change report forms and reconciling payroll transaction reports;
v. Entering transactions into the commitment control register;
vi. Providing custody of cash and imprest and effecting payments;
vii. Preparing draft monthly reconciliation reports;
18. POST: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Masuliita, Nansana and Kakiri T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/M/18/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) W/DSC/NS/18/3/2012 (Nansana T/c) W/DSC/K/18/3/2012 (Kakiri T/c) Vacancy: 04 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 23yrs and above
· A’ Level with a Diploma in Accounts or Uganda Diploma in Business Studies or their equivalent from a recognized University or Institution.
· Must have computer and accounting skills
- Preparing vouchers;
- Assigning Invoice numbers to transactions for further processing;
- Recording data and capturing on the system;
- Providing Information on Electronic Fund Transfer and executing payments to Beneficiaries;
- Preparing payment advice form and compiling returns;
- Posting vote books and subsidiary ledgers;
INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
19. POST: SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR (Namayumba, Masuliita and Wakiso T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/19/3/2012 (Namayumba T/c) W/DSC/M/19/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c)
W/DSC/W/18/3/2012 (Wakiso T/c) Vacancy: 03 Salary Scale: U3 Age limit: 28yrs and above
- Must have B. Com honours degree or its equivalent in the relevant field from, a recognized Institution.
- Should have auditing skills
- Should have interpersonal and investigative skills
- Must have three (3) working experience as an Internal Auditor or as a Finance Officer.
i. Reviewing operational financial and accounting systems to ensure efficiency;
ii. Auditing procurement and payment procedures to facilitate efficient and effective transactions of the Local Government;
iii. Carrying out manpower audit in line with the budget and laws;
iv. Conducting stores audit for safe custody, efficiency and economic usage of resources;
v. Undertaking Local Governments audits in liaison with the Auditor General;
vi. Preparing and forwarding annual and quarterly departmental work plans and budgets to relevant authorities;
20. POST: STATISTICIAN (Namayumba T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/20/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- An Honours Bachelor Degree in Statistics or Applied Economics from a recognised Institution
- Should have data gathering skills
- Must have analytical and communication skills
- Should have data processing skills
- Collecting, analysing and storing Data;
- Producing statistical reports;
- Appraising Development projects;
- Organising and implementing National Surveys;
- Providing technical support on statistical matters to Local Government;
WORKS AND TECHNICAL SERVICES
21. POST: PHYSICAL PLANNER (Namayumba and Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/21/3/2012 (Namayumba T/C) W/DSC/M/21/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) Vacancy: 02 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- An Honors Bachelors Degree in Physical Planning or other relevant discipline.
- The incumbent should be able to identify the different land use system.
- Planning towns and trading centres in the District.
- Guiding developers in processing proper building plans.
- Enforcing the Town and County Planning Act, 1964; and other relevant laws.
- Drawing the structural land use layout.
- Drawing site plans for plot (building) developments and processing their approval.
- Demarcating plots in towns/ trading centres.
- Inspecting structures/ buildings in town/ trading centres to ensure compliance with the land use plan.
- Maintaining the District planning information, equipment and records.
- Guiding District Authorities on balanced development.
22. POST: SENIOR ASSISTANT ENGINEERING OFFICER (CIVIL) (Namayumba and Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/22/3/2012 (Namayumba T/c) W/DSC/M/22/3/2012 (Masuliita T/c) Vacancy: 02 Salary Scale: U5 Age limit: 25yrs and above
· A’ Level certificate and Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised institution.
· Should have technical skills in civil engineering as well as project planning and management.
· Well developed interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Should have three (3) years working experience as Assistant Engineering Officer.
i. Supervising the installation and maintenance of water facilities.
ii. Preparing work plans and budgets.
iii. Undertaking inspection of water and sanitation programmes in the communities.
iv. Preparing status reports on water and sanitation in the communities.
v. Supporting collaboration mechanisms with stakeholders in the provision of water.
23. POST: ENGINEERING ASSISTANT (Civil) (Nansana T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/N/23/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U7 Age limit: 23yrs and above
· A’ level certificate and higher Diploma in Civil Engineering
· Organization, coordinating, communication, supervisory, training and precession skills
· Two (2) years working experience on civil engineering projects.
i. Identifying equipment, plant and fixed installations to be repaired or calibrated
ii. Maintaining equipment, plant and fixed installations
iii. Updating and maintaining the equipment inventory
24. POST: MACHINE OPERATOR (Nansana T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NS/24/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U8 Age limit: 25yrs and above8
O’ Level certificate with Motor vehicle mechanics certificate.
i. Controlling, directing and regulating machines during operations.
ii. Carrying out minor repairs and maintenance.
iii. Keeping the heavy plant clean and tidy.
PRODUCTION AND MARKETING DEPARTMENT
25. POST: AGRICULTURE OFFICER (Namayumba T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/25/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- A Bachelor Degree in Agriculture (Honours)
- Technical competence, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of marketing and demonstration skills
- Ability to coach subordinates
i. Training farmers in modern productive methods in agriculture and appropriate technologies.
ii. Preparing budgets and developing work plans for the agriculture sub-sector .
iii. Monitoring, assessing and prioritizing agriculture sub –sector activities.
iv. Organizing Agricultural shows.
v. Training and guiding subordinates.
vi. Collecting, analyzing and documenting agricultural data.
vii. Managing demonstration sites.
26. POST: ASSISTANT AGRICULTURE OFFICER (Masuliita T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/M/26/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U5 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge in crop farming demonstration, etc.
i. Training farmers and carrying out demonstrations in modern agronomic practices.
ii. Identifying crop pests and diseases and advising farmers on control measures.
iii. Monitoring and reporting on natural disasters.
iv. Producing monthly reports on implementation of activities.
v. Collecting and compiling agricultural statistical data.
vi. Implementing agricultural development programmes.
27. POST: ASSISTANT VETERINARY OFFICER (Namayumba and Masuliita T/Cs)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NY/27/3/2012 (Namayumba T/c) W/DSC/M/27/3/2012 (MasuliitaT/c)
Vacancy: 02 Salary Scale: U5 Age limit: 23yrs and above
A Diploma in Animal Health, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Husbandry or Ranch Management from a recognised
- Treating and Vaccinating livestock, other domestic animals and poultry.
- Training farmers on modern animal husbandry methods and animal nutrition.
- Carrying out meat inspection.
- Collecting and documenting data on livestock and poultry
- Establishing and enforcing Quarantine.
28. POST: COMMERCIAL OFFICER (Nansana T/C)
Ref. No. W/DSC/NS/28/3/2012 Vacancy: 01 Salary Scale: U4 Age limit: 23yrs and above
- An Honours Bachelors Degree of Commerce or its equivalent in any of the following: Economics, Cooperatives, Business Administration, Accounting and other relevant ones from a recognised university/institution.
- Auditing/Accounting skills and knowledge of the policies and laws governing the sector.
- Auditing books of accounts of cooperative societies.
- Enforcing laws relating to the commercial and marketing sub-sector.
- Monitoring and providing advice on prices of agricultural products and other commodities.
- Producing reports on activities undertaken and advising the relevant authorities on the sub-sector.
- Encouraging development of small scale industries in the area.
- Collecting and analysing of commercial data for policy formulation.
NOTE APPEARING BEFORE THE DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION
THE FOLLOWING SERVING OFFICERS ARE HEREBY REQUESTED TO APPEAR BEFORE THE COMMISSION ON 23RD MAY, 2012. PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO ATTEND WITHOUT FAIL AS THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER NOTICE.
EDUCATION ASSISTANT G. II
NAJJUMA KEVIN FRANCES
SENIOR ASSISTANT SECRETARY
ASST HUSBANDRY OFFICER
DR. NANTEZA BARBARA
Ag. Secretary, District Service Commission / Wakiso